Cutting the cost of living
If you’re finding it hard to make ends meet, then remember you’re not alone.
The cost of living crisis continues to impact households across the UK as more people fall into unmanageable debt.
Here are a few simple ways to help you cut the cost of living:
- Cut back on eating out by cooking at home instead: You don’t have to be of Michelin Star standard to cook a delicious meal on the cheap. Here are some great recipes
- Make a shopping list before visiting the supermarket: That way you only get what you need! And try not to shop for food while you’re hungry!
- Split your shopping between different supermarkets: Check online beforehand and then plan your purchases to help cut the costs.
- Check your bank statements for anything you no longer need: Look for subscriptions to streaming services or magazines, gym membership that you do not need anymore.
- Consolidate existing debts into cheaper alternatives: Although interest rates are rising, not-for-profit credit unions cannot charge above a maximum interest rate on loans. So, why not try your nearest credit union to see how much you could save?
Good luck as you cut the cost of living.
Find my nearest credit union.
Isle of Anglesey
Neath Port Talbot
Rhondda Cynon Taff
Vale of Glamorgan
Credit union name:
Office or online: