Money saving ways to celebrate Father’s Day
Father’s Day is just around the corner but like so many other celebratory days, it has become victim to commercialism.
Although we want to make our Dad’s feel that extra special on June 16, how can we do that without breaking the bank, and putting a bit more thought into it than yet another mug or pair of socks with ‘dad’ on them?
Here are a few suggestions:
1. GET CRAFTY: Why not make your own Father’s Day card and write a special message that will be personal to him, rather than something off the shelf? You can get plenty of inspiration online that won’t cost you a penny . If your dad keeps one card, it’ll be the one you made, not Hallmark.
2. DAY OUT: In Wales, we are blessed with the most amazing landscapes which you can enjoy for free. So, put together a picnic and make some memories enjoying the Welsh coastline or take a trek up Pen y Fan or Snowdon.
4. COOK A MEAL: Rather than pay for an expensive Sunday lunch, or an evening meal in a restaurant, why not cook something special? If you’ve got a large family then maybe others can play a part by supplying starters, mains and desserts?
5. FREE PINTS FOR DADS If you decide to go for a meal, then Dad’s get a free pint at Harvester, Café Rouge, Bella Italia and Toby Carvery by downloading a coupon.
6. FILM NIGHT: Pour him his favourite tipple and put on his favourite film. Whether it’s Dunkirk or Fast & Furious, you’re making the event all about him.
Time together really is the most important thing and in the hustle and bustle of modern life can be the first thing we lose with our families. Make your dad’s day special by being there and taking the time to make new memories together.