Take part in our school saver competition – launching this September
School children across Wales are being asked to explain the importance of saving for a new Credit Unions of Wales competition launching this September.
Winners of the competition will receive a tour of The Senedd and launch the new Credit Unions of Wales Schools Partner mark.
The competition is open to all schools that provide a credit union savings club in Wales.
Credit Unions of Wales school saving schemes help children learn financial responsibility, develop their numeracy skills and understanding of money.
The categories are:
1. Design a poster on the theme of “Why Join a School Saver Club?”
• Pupils can either draw, paint, use crayons or their digital skills to create an A4 or A5 poster.
• There are two age categories: 4-7 year olds; and 8-11 year olds.
2. Create a short film on the theme of “My School Saver Club”.
• Pupils will collaborate to create a film on their School Saver Club.
• The short film can be up to 1 minute 30 seconds in length
Launching on September 2, the winning entries will be announced in October and the winners will receive a visit to Y Senedd the following month.
The visit will also see the launch of the Credit Unions of Wales School Partner mark to be used by all schools who run a credit union savings scheme in Wales
The winner of each age category of the poster category will have their design made into a poster, used to promote the Credit Unions of Wales School Saver Scheme in schools across Wales.
The winner of the film category will be featured on the Credit Unions of Wales website, social media and will be shared with schools across Wales.
For further details contact email@example.com