Time to Talk Money
It’s Talk Money Week, an annual campaign run by the Money and Pensions Service to encourage people to open up about their money and pensions.
According to the Money and Pensions Service 9 in 10 UK adults – that’s 47 million of us – find hard to talk about money or don’t discuss it at all.
However, talking openly about money is important for our health, wealth and relationships and the impact of Covid-19 has made it more important than ever to start conversations about money.
To help have an informed discussion about finances, the Money and Pensions Service has out together the following resources:
- The Money Navigator Tool, which has been created to help people who have seen their finances impacted by Covid-19, by providing them with guidance personalised to their needs.
- For those born between 1 September 2002 and 2 January 2011 you could have money in a Child Trust Fund waiting for you.
- Pension Wise helps you understand your different options for taking your pension money.
- The Pensions Advisory Service offers free information and guidance on your workplace and personal pension and you can give yourself a pension MOT.
- If gambling has affected you financially, it can be hard to talk about, but there’s help and support available
For more information visit Talk Money Week